- Sun Feb 17, 8:00 AM
Sunday of the Publican and Pharisee (Triodion Begins) - Divine LiturgySun Feb 17, 4:00 PM
Supplicatory Canon to the Theotokos - EnglishSat Feb 23, 8:00 AM
Polycarp of Smyrna, Gorgonia Damian, Zebinos, Polyhronius - English LiturgyLatest News
Fellow Parishes and Monasteries (15)Friday, 01 February 2019 09:10
The Apostle Luke's School of Iconography is pleased to announce that the following 8 week Byzantine Iconography course will be offered for 2019. Open to ages 12 and above. No experience required.
Holy Monastery of Saint John, Forrestfield
Commencement Date and Time
February 23rd 2019, Saturday, 2 to 5 PM
As part of the course we will be covering various aspects of the icon writing process. These include:
- The application of Gold Leaf & Inscriptions
- The use of a line diagram
- The preparation, mixing and application of Egg Tempera paint
- The icon writing process of the face, hair and clothes
- Iconography's use of symbolism and its spiritual depth
Tuition: $15 per class
Materials: Course Notes, Pigments, Brushes, Board etc. $165
Gold Leaf: Supplied at additional cost
Mobile: 0417 957 688
Important: Please reserve your place early either by email or phone before the commencement date so that the materials can be ordered.Thursday, 05 July 2018 06:09
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia would like to inform the faithful regarding the services that will take place at the Greek Orthodox Monastery of St John of the Mountain in Forrestfield for the feast day of St Paisios the Athonite.
The program is as follows:
Tuesday, 19 June 2018 07:08
- Wednesday 11 July: Great Vespers Service 5.00pm – 6.00pm
- Thursday 12 July: Matins and Divine Liturgy from 8.00am – 11.00am. A morning tea will follow in the Monastery’s hall. A bus will depart the church of Evangelismos at 9am on Thursday morning for those unable to drive and return early afternoon free of charge. Those interested are to contact their parish priest. All clergy will be present at both services.
The Holy Monastery of St John of the Mountain announces the program of the holy services for the feast day of the Nativity of the Venerable Forerunner.
- Saturday 23 June, 5pm: Vespers presided by his Grace Bishop Nikandros of Dorylaeon with all the clergy of Perth
- Sunday 24 June, 8am - 11.00am: Matins, Divine Liturgy and Memorial Service for the founders of the Holy Monastery with his Grace Bishop Nikandros of Dorylaeon. A sweet stall and lunch in the hall of the Holy Monastery will follow.
From the Holy MonasteryFriday, 09 March 2018 17:25
We would just like to announce that donations to the Holy Monastery of St John of the Mountain, Forresfield, can now be made via the Paradise 4 Kids website through the following link.
Your donations will go towards supporting the Monastery with the day to day expenses and its further development.
So, if you'd like to help support the Monastery with a donation, it would be most welcomed.
Likewise, Fr Themi's missionary work in Africa is also in need of our assistance. Donations to Paradise4Kids, in support of this work, can be made through the same website with the following link.Friday, 07 July 2017 06:10
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia would like to inform the faithful in Perth about the program for the celebration of the memory of Saint Paisios the Athonite. His memory will be celebrated at the Greek Orthodox Monastery of Saint John in Forrestfield with all the priesthood percent.
The program is the following:
- Tuesday 11th of July: Vespers 6.30pm
- Wednesday 12th of July: Mattins and Divine Liturgy with all the clergy of our city. A morning tea will follow in the Monastery’s hall.
A free 19 sitter bus will depart the Annunciation of the Theotokos church 8:30 Wednesday morning for those not being able to drive. To reserve a seat please contact Georgia Koutouzi at Saint Basil's Aged Care Services office on 9201 9655.