• on January 16, 2022

CGL Celebrating Seventeen Years of Success!

It is with great pride that I announce the results of the Centre for the Greek Language (CGL) examinations of 2021. In our seventeenth year of operation, the nine candidates of last year were all successful in the examinations for their chosen level!

Statistically, 78% achieved a grade of “Excellent” and the remaining 22% achieved a grade of “Very Good”. These outstanding results are to be commended, and the CGL Committee and I extend our heartiest congratulations to the below-listed candidates, to their parents, teachers, and schools where they are taught the Greek language!

Level A2

  • KOUTSAKIS Athina
  • LIMNIOS Athanasios
  • REISIS Apollonas
  • ROUKOUNAKIS Virginia
  • SMYRNIOTIS Theodoros
  • TRITAS Odysseas
  • TSITIRIDIS Alexandros

Level B1

  • SMYRNIOTIS Konstantinos

Level B2

  • PAILA Kalliopi

Thanks are extended to St. Andrew’s Grammar for accommodating the examinations, which took place during the October school holidays. Special thanks go to CGL Committee member, Mrs Katerina Reklitis, who assisted me over the three days with the invigilation of the examinations, and in co-marking the oral component. The candidates’ papers were dispatched to Greece at the end of the examination week, where they were marked. The CGL in Thessaloniki, Greece, will send the certificates for the candidates in April.

The 2022 CGL examinations are scheduled to take place on the following dates:

Level A1 (for children 8-12) Monday 23 May 2022
Level A1 (for adolescents and adults) Monday 23 May 2022
Level A2 Monday 23 May 2022
Level B1 Monday 23 May 2022
Level B2 Tuesday 24 May 2022
Level C1 Tuesday 24 May 2022
Level C2 Wednesday 25 May 2022

Registrations open on 1 February and close on 20 March 2022. More information will be imparted closer to the date.

Dr Angela Evangelinou-Yiannakis
Director of the CGL in WA (61002)
15 January 2022

Recent Post
Skin Color
Layout Options
Layout patterns
Boxed layout images
header topbar
header color
header position